Rachel from Mummy Glitzer tagged my in an Olympic Meme – so here are my answers!
1) If every day tasks were Olympic events, what would you get a gold medal in?
Hmmm, can playing on twitter be one?
No, ok I will go for preparing a buffet, I am known for my buffets (not very far but known), I love to feed people, so buffets are perfect, lots of food and something for everyone!
2) As a child (or even now), did you excel at a particular sport and if so which one?
As a child I had a short period of being ok at sports, the hurdles were a favourite, until one day I ran up to one and thought ‘what am I doing, I can’t jump over that’ and since that day the height of a hurdle has put me off! Swimming was a favourite as a child, I loved being underwater, the feel of the water, the freedom swimming gave, now….I am a little bit unsure by water going in my ears!
3) Michael Phelps (swimmer) or Michael Johnson (runner) – which sport appeals to you more?
Swimming, despite what I said above about water in my ears, I still love swimming, just with my head out of the water!
4) How fast can you get out of bed and ready to go out the door if miss the alarm and sleep in?
Well, going on my recent attempts to get out of bed and get to work quickly in the midst of tiredness, I would say 20 Minutes for work! But I think I could hit 15 if not for work!
5) What fantasy sport would you like to see made into an Olympic event?
Supermarket shopping with Children – I know it is not technically a sport, but it feels like it! I always feel like I have done the 800 meters followed by a round of boxing!
6) Claim to fame time – Have you ever met an Olympian and who was it?
When I was in infant school I met and had a photo with Kathy Cook! She was on a tour with weetabix to promote the following olympics I think!
Something about Ben Johnson winning the 100m ahead of Linford Christie and Carl Lewis, but then being disqualified for drug use leaving Carl the winner!
8) Tuning in at home, not for me or tickets clamped ready in sweaty palms?
Not really my thing in a ‘must get on a train and go see it right now’ kind of way, so no tickets here, although I am sure we will watch some of it on the TV – well it is a major event!
9) Who do you think most deserves a gold medal (any walk of life not just Olympians).
My husband, being a stay at home dad! He looks after the two kiddies, runs back and forth to school and nursery, brings things to me at work when I am forgetful, does the housework, cooks tea and generally is fab!
I hand the baton to: